Highcare Support will ensure that information held about each individual is kept confidential at all times in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998. There are exceptions to this rule in extreme cases where personal data relating to an individual’s mental and/or physical health could be passed on without explicit consent if this is deemed necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual and/or the safety of others. This includes any safeguarding issues that could/may arise.
Access to information about employees and service user’s is strictly limited to the manager, the individual and the members of staff concerned with the support and welfare of that individual. All files are stored in a secure location and they are not left unattended during business hours. All files are stored in a locked cabinet, with restricted access, and procedures are in place to ensure the building is securely locked up each evening.
Highcare Support recognize that life in a communal setting and the need to accept assistance with personal tasks are inherently invasive of an individual’s privacy. We therefore, aim to retain as much of individual’s privacy and dignity as possible in the following ways:
- Guarantee service user privacy and personal space, when using the telephone, opening, and reading post, and communicating with friends, relatives, or advisers.
- Providing assistance/support with personal care in a dignified discreet manner as possible.
- Supporting each individual to personalize their private living space.
- Supporting each individual to express their views and choices.
- Offering a range of support to attend any medical appointments that may be required.
- Providing locks and security on property if required.
- Ensuring that each individual gives their consent before a member of staff can enter.
Highcare Support Services Ltd, 130 Charlemont Road, E6 6HE, London
Call: 07306378079 – 07305851976 – 02085481199